Monday, October 15, 2007

NEW 'MUST SEE' BLOG!!!

Hey everyone!

So, fed up with the lack of:

a) Reviews on the accessibility of cafes, restaurants, and public facilities around Auckland,

b) Regular news about NZ disability events, sports, arts festivals, etc.

and c) The distinct lack of any sort of online community for people with disabilities, their friends and family...

I've decided to do something about it!

I've created a blog, walkingisoverrated.com, which is a very early attempt at rectifying the aforementioned lacks. It contains reviews conducted by yours truly on accessible cafes and restaurants around Auckland (only a small number at the moment, but will be adding to it daily), comment on disability-related news and sport clippings, and so much more! It also has a Forums section, where you can start your own discussion on any disability-related issue you like!

If you're interested, I'd love nothing more than to have other people contribute to the site - whether it be a review you'd like to write, news stories you'd like to comment on - anything at all - flick me an email and we'll hook something up!

Also, if you currently run a website yourself, I'd be hugely appreciative if you'd consider putting up a link to my site - I'd be happy to reciprocate.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments, and enjoy the site!

Cheers,

Red Nicholson
walkingisoverrated.com
red@walkingisoverrated.com
021 779 089

No comments: